Status as on Completion of Phase I
As soon as corona virus hit India and it was felt there may be lock down situation here too, People were tensed and the situation was chaotic amongst all sections of the society. Sensing the urgency of the hour and urgent meeting was held on a conference call between the members of Anfaal Foundation to analyze the impact on various individuals/groups residing in Mumbai and suburbs. This was an unique situation which required quick and efficient action in all the departments.
Post brain storming a few decisions were taken on urgent basis and teams were formed to handle diversified modules to help the needy during this pandemic.
Plan of Action
Below actions were planned to be executed:
- Immediate Action: 87 needy families receive ration from Anfaal every month, to be given ration in advance.
- 3000 food packets to be distributed across Mumbai. Initial target was of 500 packets which was increased due to help of donors and ground volunteers.
- Formation of teams to execute the plan from identifying the families, procurement, packaging and distribution.
- Financial constraints, timelines to be set and unique method of delivery during this pandemic following norms specified by the medical authorities and the Government.
- Free medical consultation helpline started for general public to get their queries answered through a team of qualified doctors.
Executive Summary for Phase I